Department of Education Admission Requirements
WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW!
Admission to the CCC Teacher Education Program is the beginning of your career in education!
- Acceptance to CCC – Is your first step toward joining the Teacher Education Program
- Specific requirements for admission to the program – To be met during freshman & sophomore years
- Application to program – Takes place in introduction to Education course, January of freshman or sophomore year
- Transfer students – Will be advised individually by education personnel
Requirements for admission to the Teacher Education Program – Don’t panic! We’re here to help you!
When your admissions file is complete, the materials will be reviewed by the Teacher Education Committee
- Level I Statement of Intent for Teacher Education – File during freshman or sophomore year
- Level I Professional Related Service Requirement– Documentation of 75 contact hours working with K-12 students (jobs, camp, Sunday School, etc.) during high school or college
- Introduction to Education and related field experience courses – Complete in January of freshman or sophomore year with minimum grade of "C"
- Level I Application to Teacher Education Program – Complete during Introduction to Education course
- 30 semester hours of general education coursework – Complete during freshman year with 2.5 GPA (English Comp I and II, general psychology, speech, and math to be passed with minimum grade of “C”)
- Portfolio Project – Complete in Introduction to Education with score “Proficient” or higher
- Strengths Quest Inventory – Take during Freshman Seminar
- Praxis I basic competency exam – Take Freshman or sophomore year (Meet minimum state standards)
- 2 essays – Written for Introduction to Education - “Why I Wish to Teach,” and “My World View”
- Level I Reference for Admission to Teacher Education Program – Provide names and addresses of 3 references during Introduction to Education - pastor, professional (work supervisor) and CCC faculty
. You will receive written notification of committee action.
Pick up and return all forms - Education Office, Second floor of Briner Library, Room 1136
Return to Education Department Home