Central Christian College’s
Third Annual Juried Art Exhibit
Special Gallery Artist Talk:
2 p.m., Saturday, October 20, 2012 with several artists who will speak about their art glass and answer questions.
Greer Auditorium, Wesley Black Fine Arts Center
2-5 p.m., Saturday, October 20, 2012
Wesley Black Fine Arts Center Lobby
Saturday, October 20 – Thursday, November 9, 2012
Wesley Black Fine Arts Center Lobby
CALL FOR ARTISTS
You are invited to submit up to three original art works in any medium to be considered for the second annual Central Christian College 2012 Art Exhibit. The CCC 2012 Art Exhibit opens in conjunction with Homecoming & Family Weekend to showcase the artistic excellence and diversity of work by visual artists from the alumni, faculty and students. It is our hope that many of CCC’s artists and friends will participate in this wonderful opportunity to share their enthusiasm for Christian art of many media by entering and purchasing at this show. Submit up to three entry forms with a photo or digital image attached before 7:00pm Friday, October 12. Full instructions are below.
The CCC 2012 Artist Reception will be held in Wesley Black Fine Arts Center on Saturday, October 20, at 2pm with a group photo of the artists taken at 1:30. Introductions of attending artists an d the featured guest speakers start at 2pm in Greer Auditorium. The featured artists will speak about their art glass work. Please join us in celebrating the visual arts and paying tribute to all the artists at this special event and the reception to follow.
TIMELINE ~ Important Dates:
- Submit entry forms with photos: before Friday, October 12, 2012, 7pm
- (Mail, email or place in the drop box in Wesley Black Fine Arts Center Lobby.)
Selections will be made and notifications sent: October 12
- (CCC reserves the right to select only art works appropriate to a family audience.)
- Delivery of selected art must be exhibit ready and arrive in the art studio: by October 17
- Installation will begin: October 17
- Artists’ Reception: Saturday, October 20, 2pm; group photo of artists at 1:30pm
- Pick up art work: Friday, November 9, 9am-5pm, and Saturday, November 10, 9am-noon
ELIGIBILITY AND ENTRY REQUIREMENTS:
FAILURE TO COMPLY WITH ENTRY REQUIREMENTS WILL DISQUALIFY ENTRY
- Artist must include a $5 processing fee with each submission.
- Artist must be 18 years or older and the exhibit is open to the public.
- CCC reserves the right to select only art works appropriate to a family audience.
- This is a juried exhibit. Art will be chosen that best represents the theme for this year, but any topic is acceptable.
- A Maximum of three works per artist* with photo and form for each piece will be accepted. (* Some exceptions allowed with prior approval - usually sets of items)
- Work in any medium will be considered, with the exception of photocopies. Original works are preferred and will receive priority but high quality giclée prints will be accepted as space allows.
- Any entry submitted must be derived from original concept and design, violating no copyrights and not entered in a previous CCC art exhibit.
- Entry must be exhibit-ready. All surfaces must be dry and fixed, and have an appropriate means for hanging or displaying. Ready to hang frames are required on all paintings, drawings, photography or fragile works.
- Art Works must be able to withstand normal handling.
- If you are entering an installation work it must be less than 8 ft tall, or a work that weighs more than 100 pounds, please indicate this on your entry form.
- Display instructions provided by the artist cannot be guaranteed. If your work is selected, and special instructions are required for display, you must submit these instructions with the work of art at the time of submission so we can prepare in advance. The CCC’s Art Show installers will do their best to honor the artist’s display requests.
- A 30% commission is retained by the Art Studio on all sales to help support CCC Art Education. A check for the 70% of sale price will be mailed to you, within one week of closing.
- You are responsible to insure your own art work. Include insurance value, and selling price or NFS (Not For Sale) on the entry form.
- CCC is not responsible for damage to art works or art left after Nov 16th or while in our care, it is solely the owner’s responsibility to insure. All due diligence will be taken to protect and care for your art works.
A panel of three jurors will independently select works for exhibition in the CCC Art Show. To ensure an exciting and balanced exhibit, jurors are instructed to make selections that will showcase a sampling of some of the best works created by CCC’s artists. The jurors reserve the right to accept or reject any entry.
PREPARING YOUR ARTWORK IMAGE. There are 3 ways to submit:
1) Provide a clear photo, attached to the form and mail it.
2) Submitting by email, .jpg, .pdf, .tif, or .psd file type. (no compression) File size no larger than 2MB for each picture; minimum of 850 pixels. Rename your file: last name, first name, title.
3) Copy your image to a CD (NOT DVD) and label CD with 2012 CCC ART SHOW and your full name.