Career Exploration & Preparation
The Central Christian College Student Success Center offers assistance in career exploration and preparation as students enter into a phase of education and life.
What is Career Exploration and Preparation?
Career Exploration is the process of...
- learning more about yourself (interests, strengths, weaknesses, personality, values, preference in work and your dreams),
- identifying and exploring possible occupations that would fit your personality type,
- developing an effective strategy to realize your goals (selecting a major, course of study, goal setting, decision-making and making a plan of action to realize the goal).
Career Preparation is the process of...
The Career Exploration Center, located in the Student Success Center on the 2nd floor of the Reimer Business Center, Room 1124, has useful tools and resources to help you.
- learning about and creating useful career tools that will be helpful in pursuing a job or career.
- making application
- creating a resume, cover letter, references and thank you letter
- interviewing preparation
- finding internships, externships, apprenticeships, job shadowing, summer jobs
Career Counseling is available upon student request in order to assist with :
Making decisions about current education and future career choices.
Finding a good fit based on who they are personally and their career possibilities.
Identifying their personality traits, interests, strengths, values and skills in relation to the decision about academic majors and the potential career path.
Actively moving through the four stages of career planning within the four years of college.
Career Exploration and Preparation Workshops are provided upon request by faculty members to either the class or in seminar format, open to the student body.
Getting Results with Your internet Job Search
Writing Effective Cover letters
Writing Effective Resumes
Letters Recommendation – Strategies and Tips
Internship Search and Success Strategies
Graduate School Application Essentials