Central Christian College employment
Position Announcement – Development Officer
Central Christian College of Kansas (CCC) is searching for a qualified candidate to serve as a Development Officer. This position reports directly to the Chief Development Officer and is responsible for supporting the fundraising activities of the institution. The qualified candidate should have a Bachelor's Degree with 1-3 years of experience in fundraising, marketing or related experience. Internships and graduate assistant experience will be considered.
- Demonstrate a strong commitment to Jesus Christ
- Articulate the mission, vision & objectives of Central Christian College clearly & with passion
- Know and understand the stories of Central Christian College
- Utilize interpersonal and listening skills to maximize effectiveness.
- Manage time effectively and efficiently
- Be enthusiastic and honest
- Be a team-player, relationship builder and encourage others
- Demonstrate strong leadership ability
- Focusing on highest potential prospects within list of 200 personal prospects. All of these persons should be visited at least once a year with the goal of upgrading their involvement & understanding
- Generating a feeling among the donors that they have a special institutional ownership.
- Making at least 46 completed phone contacts each day
- Making at least 2 personal visits per day, 10 per week, 200 per year
- Documenting visits and calls
- Observing, researching, and qualifying prospective donors
- Identifying 100 new prospective donors each year through referrals & all other means possible
- Projecting asking date for the top 100 personal prospects with input from development staff
- Being the primary ‘Asker’ for list of 200 personal prospects
- Assisting in the identification of volunteers throughout the constituency
- Develop, plan and implement marketing plans and operational plans for special events
- Assuming other development responsibilities as assigned
Percentage of Time Spoent on Essential Duties
- Spend 65% of time making 46 phone contacts per day
- Spend 25% of time in fieldwork, building deeper relationships of involvement for the college
- Spend 5% of strategically planning donor cultivation with the Development Team and the President
- Spend 5% of time performing duties as assigned, including special events
- Central Christian College currently offers three Bachelor’s degrees: Bachelor of Science in Ministry with three majors; Bachelor of Science in Business with three majors; and Bachelor of Science with twenty-one majors and nineteen emphases. We also offer thirty-nine minors/tracks.
- Central Christian College educates students with an evangelical worldview, with a curriculum based on a Liberal Arts core.
- Accredited by the Higher Learning Commission of the North Central Association of Colleges and Schools.
- Affiliated with the Free Methodist Church of North America.
- Traditional student enrollment of approximately 350.
- Located in McPherson, Kansas, a very attractive community of 14,000 people, located 55 miles north of Wichita on I-135.
*The position is Full-Time (12 months). Compensation based on education and experience.
Application Deadline: Position will remain opened until filled.
Persons seriously interested in this position should send an application for employment and a resume with references to:
Office of the President
CENTRAL CHRISTIAN COLLEGE
1200 South Main, P.O. Box 1403
McPherson, KS 67460
620.241.0723 Ext. 331