Central Christian College employment
Position Announcement – Financial Aid Counselor
The Financial Aid Office of Central Christian College is seeking a Financial Aid Counselor. The successful candidate will counsel current and prospective students though the financial aid process and manage the collection of necessary documentation for aid eligibility. The Financial Aid Counselor will report directly to the Director of Financial Aid, who reports to the Chief Student Affairs Officer.
Qualifications and Skills:
• Bachelor’s degree in business, communications, education, student services or other related field
• 3-5 years’ experience in financial aid or related field
• Strong written and oral communication skills
• Highly organized and detail oriented
• Strong problem solving abilities
• Adaptability to change
• Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite
• Passion for Christian education
• Provide assistance to students and their families in the successful submission of the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA)
• Request and collect additional documents from students as required
• Assist in tracking and recording submitted documents in the financial aid processing software, spreadsheets and student files
• Counsel students and their families on financial aid eligibility
• Assist students with other payment options
• Provide student estimates
• Respond to phone and e-mail requests in a timely manner
• Assist with the management and administration of federal, state, and institutional aid programs for assigned groups of students
• Maintain and follow all federal, state and institutional regulations
• Establish and maintain clear communication with other offices
• Assist in training the School of Professional and Distance Education (SPE) staff on financial aid requirements and regulations
• Attend SPE meetings and conference calls as requested
• Complete other tasks as assigned by the Director of Financial Aid
The Financial Aid Counselor is a full-time twelve month position and has a high level of contact with students, families, and financial aid professionals.
Central Christian College offers an excellent benefits package and the salary will be based on education and experience.
The position is ready to be filled with an anticipated start date within 2 weeks of hire.
Persons seriously interested in this position should send an application for employment, a current resume and references to:
Director of Financial Aid
CENTRAL CHRISTIAN COLLEGE
1200 South Main, P.O. Box 1403
McPherson, KS 67460
620.241.0723 Ext. 387 - Office
620.241.6032 - Fax
Central Christian College currently offers three Bachelor’s degrees: Bachelor of Science in Ministry with three majors; Bachelor of Science in Business with three majors; and a Bachelor of Science with nine majors and twenty emphases. We also offer thirty-seven minors. The college also offers degree completion courses on-ground and on-line.
Central Christian College’s mission is to provide a Christ-centered education for character, with a curriculum based on a Liberal Arts core and is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission of the North Central Association of Colleges and Schools with denominational church affiliation with the Free Methodist Church of North America.
Central is located in McPherson, Kansas, a very attractive community of 14,000 people, located 55 miles north of Wichita on I-135 and has an approximate annual enrollment of 350 on ground student traditional students and 350 online students.
The current Clery Act report can be found at www.centralchristian.edu/pdf/2011%20Crime_Data.pdf