Central Christian College employment
Position Announcement – Tiger Central Manager
Applicant must hold a Bachelor’s degree or equivalent, plus 2 years of retail or customer service work experience. Basic electronics experience and a working knowledge of copiers, mail processors and other related equipment is preferred. Applicant should possess the ability to work independently and flexibly to complete projects, hire and manage staff, and maintain cooperative effective working relationships with faculty, staff and students.
Troubleshooting and problem solving skills are needed, as well as excellent customer relations skills and verbal communication skills. Job requires computer skills with the ability to use job-related software and the use of math, as well as the ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing. Applicant must possess the ability to deal tactfully with the public both in person and via telephone, and to multi-task in a high traffic/busy environment.
Perform any combination of tasks related to postal functions, such as receive letters and parcels; sell postage stamps; prepare incoming and outgoing mail for distribution. Use hand or mail handling machines to time stamp, sort, and route incoming mail; and address, seal, stamp, fold, stuff, weigh, and affix postage to outgoing mail or packages. Interview, hire, train, schedule and supervise personnel. Design and order new clothing and merchandise for resale; stock paper and supplies for staff use; maintain staff and student mailboxes; staff special events; prepare weekly and monthly reports. Job requires some Saturdays and weekend events.
Mailroom/Copy Room Tasks
• Affix postage to packages or letters by hand, or stamp materials using postage meters.
• Answer questions regarding mail regulations, procedures, postage rates, and student and staff mailboxes.
• Check mail in order to ensure correct postage and that packages and letters are in proper condition for mailing.
• Maintain stock of stamps, envelopes, packing supplies, forms, and for special services such as registered or priority mail, for the mailroom and for departmental offices.
• Determine manner in which mail is to be sent, and prepare it for deliver to mailing facilities.
• Keep money drawer and budget transactions in order, and record and balance weekly and monthly transactions.
• Lift and unload containers of mail or parcels onto equipment or into vehicles for transportation to and from post office.
• Place incoming or outgoing letters or packages into sacks or bins based on destination or type, and place identifying tags on sacks or bins.
• Register, certify, and insure letters and parcels.
• Collect payment for products such as stamps, various sized envelopes, etc.
• Sort and route daily incoming mail to staff and student mailboxes, and collect and transport outgoing mail, using carts as necessary.
• Verify that items are addressed correctly, marked with the proper postage, and in suitable condition for processing
• Weigh letters and parcels; compute mailing costs based on type, weight, and destination; affix correct postage.
• Maintain copy machines, folder, fax machine, printer and mail processors, calling for repair assistance and/or toner and staple refills as needed.
• Maintain stock of copy paper, colored paper, and specialty papers, and re-order as needed.
• Organize and label staff and departmental mailboxes as changes occur, or as needed.
• Organize and label student mailboxes for incoming students, and as needed throughout the school year.
• Distribute mailbox combinations to students each fall and train incoming students to operate locking mechanism.
Campus Store Tasks
• Design and order store merchandise such as clothing, souvenirs, gift items, etc.
• Provide customer service by greeting and assisting customers, and responding to customer inquiries and complaints.
• Monitor sales activities to ensure that customers receive satisfactory service and quality goods.
• Inventory stock and reorder when inventory drops to a specified level.
• Instruct staff on how to handle difficult and complicated sales.
• Hire, train, and evaluate personnel, promoting or firing workers when appropriate.
• Assign employees to specific duties.
• Balance the cash drawer weekly and keep track of departmental charges.
• Examine merchandise to ensure that it is correctly priced and displayed and that it functions as advertised.
• Prepare sales displays and staff special events.
If interested, please send your cover letter, resume, and three references via email/mail to:
Director of Admissions
1200 S Main St.
McPherson, KS 67460