Central Christian College employment
Head Coach Volleyball
Central Christian College of Kansas (McPherson, KS)
Start Date – Immediately
Position Summary: The Head Coach of Volleyball is responsible for initiating all aspects of the program, under supervision of the Athletics Director, such as recruiting, scheduling opponents, and training squad members. The Head Coach of Volleyball is required to abide by the rules and regulations established by Central Christian College, the Midlands Collegiate Athletic Conference (MCAC), and the NAIA/NCCAA. This is a full time, twelve-month position. CCC is a 4 year college, member of the NAIA at the Division 1 level and also a member of the NCCAA. Modest annual salary, cell phone stipend, paid expenses, and exceptional benefits package are offered for this role. Additional paid roles on campus may be afforded in the future to go along with duties as Head Volleyball Coach.
- Recruit, train, and coach members of the volleyball program
- Manage the development and promotion of the volleyball program
- Generate additional funds for support of the program
- Organize and schedule practice sessions
- Schedule games with approval of the Athletics Director
- Provide court care and maintenance
- Perform administrative tasks including budget formulation
- Represent Central Christian College and the volleyball program in a professional manner, at all times, and attend off campus events relevant to Volleyball
- As assigned by Athletics Director and/or Administration
- Organize and provide Volleyball Camps for recruiting and educational purposes
A Bachelor’s degree is required, master’s degree preferred. A strong commitment to the Student-Athlete concept and a working knowledge of the NAIA rules and regulations is required. Relevant and successful previous coaching experience including effective leadership, communication, coaching and recruiting skills is preferred along with a strong belief and faith aligned with strong Christian values. Ability to work well within a team, strong computer skills, skill in budget preparation, and enthusiasm for the sport and the players you are coaching.
The Head Volleyball Coach reports to the Athletic Director and is a member of the Athletic Department. If applicable the Head Coach will provide leadership and supervision to the Assistant Volleyball Coach.
Send resume, relevant experience, and contact information for 3 references to:
Chad Kerr, Athletics Director, firstname.lastname@example.org Off Ph 620-241-0723 x365