Online Store Button
Government Grants & Loans
Apply Now
Latest News
McPherson, Kansas - The Central Christian College of Kansas Phi Beta Lambda (PBL) busine..

Gardner, KS – The governing body appointed James Belcher as chief of the Gardner P..

Students pursuing an online Bachelor of Science - Health & Human Services degree with Centra..



Federal Pell Grant

The Federal Pell program was authorized by the federal government in 1972.  This program provides for the payment of awards to students based on financial need.

The application and award process is outlined as follows: 

  1. A student will complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). This application is available online at 
  2. The U.S. Department of Education will provide Central with a payment schedule with which to calculate the student's award.

Federal Supplemental Educational Opportunity Grant

Federal  Supplemental  Educational Opportunity Grants (FSEOG) are available to students with financial need as determined by the Need Analysis System. FSEOG will be awarded to students who have high need and Federal Pell Grant eligibility.  These are awarded by Central in $400 increments.


Subsidized Federal Stafford Loan

Under the Federal Stafford Loan Program, a student borrows from the bank, credit union, savings and loan, or other participating lending institution. Students may apply for a loan if they are enrolled or have been accepted for enrollment at least on a half-time basis in an eligible school. A need analysis is required before a student may be considered for this assistance.

The maximum amount that a student may borrow is $3,500 for a freshman, $4,500 for a sophomore, and $5,500 for juniors and seniors. The federal government will pay the interest until the student graduates, leaves school or drops below half-time and his/her repayments on the loan begin. Repayment of these loans may be extended over a ten- year period. The Central Christian College financial aid office can help determine eligibility.

Unsubsidized Federal Stafford Loan

For students who do not qualify for the Subsidized Federal Stafford Loan based on need, a new loan was established in 1992 called an Unsubsidized Federal Stafford Loan. A student can borrow the same amounts as the Subsidized Federal Stafford Loan. With the unsubsidized loan, the student does not get the same interest subsidies as the Subsidized Federal Stafford Loan program. The student is responsible for the interest. Repayment obligations are the same as the Subsidized Federal  Stafford  Loan  Program. Independent and dependent students whose parents were denied the Federal Parent Loan to Undergraduate Students (FPLUS), are eligible for additional amounts.

Federal Perkins Loan

Federal Perkins Loans are available to students who demonstrate financial need. The repayment of the loan may be extended over a ten-year period after the student leaves school. A student is limited to $4,000 per year in the Federal Perkins Loan program, and must have already borrowed the Federal Stafford Loan unless approved otherwise by the Director of Financial Aid. Limited funds are available.

Federal Parent Loan

The Federal Parent Loan to Undergraduate Students (FPLUS) is available to parents as a means of helping their son/daughter to attend college. A parent can borrow an amount equivalent to the cost of education less the financial aid received.  Repayment begins 30-60 days after the last loan disbursement and may be paid back over ten years.


Kansas State Grants

Residents of the state of Kansas attending a Kansas private college may be eligible for $1,500 - $3,000 under the Kansas Comprehensive Grant (KCG) program.  A FAFSA must be received by the Department of Education by April 1. This grant is then awarded according to financial need. Eligible students must be enrolled full-time (minimum of 12 credit hours per semester) and maintain a cumulative GPA of 2.0.