From home to stores, restaurants and more, our products are everywhere you eat. The Schwan Food Company is a multibillion-dollar, privately held company with approximately 14,000 subsidiary employees in the United States. Based out of Minnesota, we sell fine, branded frozen food through home delivery, the foodservice industry and grocery stores in North America. At The Schwan Food Company, our core purpose is achieved through the efforts of our team members who share our five common values: growth, hard work, helping one another, enthusiasm and integrity.
Our 12-week Intern program provides real-world work & learning experiences achieved through project work that is crafted to address real business challenges. You can expect to be fully integrated into the ongoing work of our Schwan’s team to achieve our strategic objectives. Throughout the summer you will to participate in multiple events to further your development and allow you the opportunity to remotely access many senior business leaders, including our CEO.
Associate Production Supervisor interns are responsible for supervising the production, processing and packaging of food products within our manufacturing facilities.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Direct production, packaging, or bakery production line to produce products meeting company and USDA requirements
- Responsible for supervising employees, including skills development, safety, housekeeping, policy administration, discipline, employee relations, cost control and problem solving
- Manage leads and supervision of all line employees. Interviewing, hiring employees following required EEO and Affirmative Action guidelines and ensuring employees receive the proper training
- Conduct performance appraisals and administer disciplinary and termination action when necessary
- Where applicable, work closely with USDA representative on site to ensure all company, state, and federal requirements for food safety are met. Review and sign off on all Quality Assurance and HACCP documentation
Education: Candidates should be currently be enrolled in an undergraduate Operations Management, Industrial Management, Supply Chain Management, Industrial Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering or related degree program with an anticipated graduation date of December 2017 or May 2018. GPA of 3.0+ preferred.
Expectations of Candidates:
Must be willing to relocate to any Schwan facility for full-time placement upon graduation
Demonstrated leadership skills, solid interpersonal skills and a willingness to work various shifts are required
Strong verbal and written communication skills
Prior supervisory experience and/or experience in a manufacturing environment is a plus
Must have the ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals
Demonstrated analytical and problem solving skills
Strong time management skills that enable on-time project delivery in a fast-paced and rapidly changing environment Displays initiative and takes ownership of work
- Must be a confident self starter who is comfortable overcoming obstacles & driving decisions from areas of ambiguity
- Ability to maintain sensitive and confidential information
The employing subsidiaries of The Schwan Food Company are Equal Employment Opportunity Employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to disability, age, race, color, religion, gender, vet status, national origin or other protected class.