Job Summary: Under general direction, prepare samples, perform data analysis, supervise the work of lab assistants, maintain knowledge and skills to perform all tasks related to methodologies, instrument operations and preventive maintenance.
Characteristic Job Tasks and Responsibilities
May include any and/or all of the following:
- Ability to operate all analytical equipment in the department.
- Train, assist and supervise the work of lab assistants
- Develop and maintain the knowledge and skills to perform all methodologies of the department.
- Perform method development assignments and method validations as directed.
- Manage the workload of the department, including the use of work lists, batches and logs to meet expected reporting times.
- Troubleshooting and preventative maintenance of all analytical equipment in the department.
- Maintain the ability to follow written procedures to prepare and maintain calibration standards, stock standards, controls and reagents, used in the department.
- Assist the Director in maintaining adequate supplies and inventory for the department.
- Record results of all controls, validations, and reagent or calibration checks as required.
- Assist the toxicology director and medical director in maintaining compliance with accreditation agencies.
- Perform all work in a professional and ethical manner at all times, treat all clients, coworkers, and supervisors with courtesy and respect.
- Performance of any duties assigned by the Director of Toxicology or the CEO and/or COO of LabTest Diagnostics.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Personal Characteristics
Knowledge of equipment and methodologies related to Clinical, and Forensic Toxicology.
Interpersonal and Human Relations Skills
Attentiveness to Details
Ability to work independently and as part of a team
Ability to meet deadlines
Ability to maintain confidentiality
Education and Experience equivalent to:
BA/BS in Chemistry, Toxicology, Medical Technology, or related life science and a minimum of 1-3 years of related experience.
MT, MLS, or equivalent military laboratory training (e.g. MLJ)
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $15.00 to $20.00 /hour