McPherson, Kansas - The Registrar for Central Christian College of Kansas has named 16 online…
The Following is the Criteria to Receive the Jerry Malone Social Science Award
Mr. Jerry Malone was employed at Central Christian College for 38 years, beginning in 1970 and resigning in 2008. He spent 23 of those years as a full-time professor, teaching with excellence in the social sciences. It is because of his commitment to Christ and to CCCK that we have named this award in his honor. Each year, the Social Science Department selects an individual to receive the honor of being named the Jerry Malone Social Science Student of the Year. This Individual is chosen by the faculty of the Social Science Department based on the following criteria:
- Academically Competent
- The candidate is a senior who at the time of candidacy has a 3.5 GPA and is on schedule to graduate. The candidate must currently have declared a major in Social Science or Psychology.
- Socially Responsible
- The candidate has actively participated in school and community related opportunities (e.g. clubs, choir, lectures, etc.)
- Professionally Astute
- The candidate possesses traits which hold promise for leadership and/or significant contributions in life and service.
- Service oriented
- The candidate has demonstrated a willingness to assist others and the community through active participation in civic, social, or religious service.
- Spiritually Mature
- The candidate demonstrates a lifestyle consistent with Central Christian College’s Community Expectations Covenant and Statement of Faith.
Mr. Jerry Malone was employed at Central Christian College for 38 years. He began in 1970 as an admissions counselor, and later became Director of Admissions. In 1976 he began a 23 year tenure of teaching in the social sciences, and undertook graduate work in psychology. Finally, in 1998, he accepted the cabinet level position of Dean of Student Life, resigning in 2008 to work as a field representative for National Christian College Athletic Association. He was, above all, a principled Christian man who invested his life according to integrated priorities. It is because of his commitment to Christ and to CCCK that we have named this award in his honor.
This year, we are proud to present the Jerry Malone Social Science award to Jacqueline Freeman.
Chair of the Human Services Department
ABOUT CENTRAL CHRISTIAN COLLEGE OF KANSAS
Central Christian College of Kansas is a regionally accredited institution offering undergraduate and graduate-level programs. Central strives to offer Christ-centered education for the whole person – heart, mind, soul, and strength. Its history dates back to 1884, and it is located in the friendly town of McPherson, Kansas. Central is a strategically small college that offers over forty areas of residential study and a thriving online program for non-traditional students. Visit the Foundation of Central Christian College to see what projects and events are coming up.