The Following is the Criteria to Receive the Outstanding Science & Math Student Award Recipients…
2023 Wall Street Journal Senior Business Award
The Following is the Criteria to Receive the Wall Street Journal Senior Business Award
To receive this award, a student must match these criteria: which are a
- High-grade point average
- Involvement in the department’s business club & Honor Society
- Participation in campus/community leadership opportunities
- Demonstration of potential for leadership & success in a business field
The Following is the Speech Presented by Dr. Enrique Barreiro
I want to touch briefly on some of his accomplishments:
- Business Management major with a high GPA
- Dean’s Honor Roll multiple semesters
- As a baseball pitcher reached a new personal best fastball speed of 92.7 mph.
- In his personal time, he has contributed to partnering and teaching baseball to special needs children back in Texas. Also in his personal time, he often provides in-kind services at Walmart helping people. In his words, is something I like to do to bring a smile and a bit of shine to others.
- Presented a project to SGA called From Seeds to Flowers: A Proposal to Improve Campus Ecology(a plan to spreading Kansas native wildflower seeds in the garden areas on campus)
Brandon plans to continue to train and play baseball after college is done and obtain employment.
These are his words on his time here at Central:
I have learned so much while at Central. I’m sure I could write a book about it. But to keep it short for my big-picture takeaway, I’ve learned to trust in God’s plan for my life, as Jeremiah 29:11 says “For I know the plans I have for you, declares the LORD, plans for welfare and not evil, to give you a future and a hope.” I’ve come to realize that the difficulties we face in life are not meant to defeat us but to prepare us for what God has in store for us. By embracing this perspective, I’ve learned to celebrate my successes and find happiness in the present moment, rather than constantly chasing happiness in some future goal or achievement that may never come. I strive to live in a state of “blissful dissatisfaction,” where I’m grateful for what I have while also striving to improve and reach my full potential. This school year has taught me that true happiness comes not from external achievements, but from a deep sense of purpose and gratitude for the blessings in my life.
Brandon is driven, self-motivated, reliable, dependable, and capable of anything he puts his mind and heart into pursuing. He is passionate about Jesus and helping others. He will be missed in the department, but we are excited to see what God will do with him in the upcoming years.
We pray and know you will reach your goals!
Brandon’s name will be engraved on the perpetual display on the Department’s honor wall. Our department wishes you the very best for a bright and prosperous future in business! Congratulations!
Dr. Enrique Barreiro
Chair of Masters Program in Strategic Leadership
ABOUT CENTRAL CHRISTIAN COLLEGE OF KANSAS
Central Christian College of Kansas is a regionally accredited institution offering undergraduate and graduate-level programs. Central strives to offer Christ-centered education for the whole person – heart, mind, soul, and strength. Its history dates back to 1884, and it is located in the friendly town of McPherson, Kansas. Central is a strategically small college that offers over forty areas of residential study and a thriving online program for non-traditional students. To learn more about Central go to centralchristian.edu/about. Visit the Foundation of Central Christian College to see what projects and events are coming up.