BECOME THE LEADER THE HEALTH SCIENCES ARE LOOKING FOR
Studying health sciences at Central has prepared and is preparing students for science-related and sports related careers and professional schools, because here we study science via the scientific method and understand what science can do and where there are limitations. Scientific study is also approached from the aspect of appreciation for the work from the hand of our Creator and Savior.
In the Health Sciences Division at Central Christian College of Kansas, our goal is to take you from high school graduate to successful working profession in the industry sector that YOU are most passionate about. Our students begin participating in field experiences as freshmen, so that by the time they are seniors they are ready to begin a career!
DIVISION OF HEALTH SCIENCES
- High School Completion or GED
- High School GPA 2.5
- The Health Sciences Division has nine bachelors programs.
- Classes for all of the programs are available on campus.
- Heath and Human Services is also available online.
- The time it takes to complete the program is dependent on the number of transfer credits awarded upon enrollment.
- Collaborative and Virtuous
- Civic and Social Literacy
- Devoted and Self-Aware
- Philosophical and Ethical Literacy
- Discerning and Entrepreneurial
- Quantitative and Analytical Literacy
- Resilient and Responsive
- Vocational and Holistic Health Literacy
- Foundational: 15 Credit Hours
- Liberal Arts: 28 Credit Hours
- Department Core: 37 Credit Hours
- Major Core: 26 Credits
The Natural Science major prepares students for a variety of science-related fields including medical professions, environmental science, pharmaceuticals, and research. Pre-professional programs include pre-med, pre-physical therapy, pre-nursing and other allied health career trajectories. Choose from four emphases: biology, chemistry, health science, and math. Our goal is to produce academically sound science professionals who will impact the world for Christ.
The Exercise Science degree combines curriculum and hands on experience to prepare students for careers in health care, fitness and community based programs. The students are also prepared to pursue advanced degrees in the field. The students can expect foundational courses in the natural sciences and human anatomy, followed by more focused courses in kinesiology, physiology, nutrition and exercise prescription.
The Fitness and Recreational Leadership degree prepares students for discipline-related careers through a hands-on experience and comprehensive study. Students will be able to obtain a variety of jobs such as community recreation supervisor, parks and recreation director, fitness facility manager, health and wellness director, tourism and resort planner, camp administrator, and intramural director.
The exercise, sport, and leisure industry generates $1.3 trillion dollars a year! It is a universal and global industry and profession within the industry range from fitness instructor, to health promotion specialist, to physical therapist, to general manager of professional sports teams. It is one of the most exciting and broad industry sectors available, and in the Sports Management at Central Christian College of Kansas, our goal is to take you from high school graduate to successful working profession in the industry sector that YOU are most passionate about. Our students begin participating in field experiences as freshmen, so that by the time they are seniors they are ready to begin a career!
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
How do I apply?
For the bachelors programs go to the Bachelors Application for the Residential Program. For the Online Bachelors program go to Online Application.
The first step for masters students is to fill out the request more information form and are admissions team will walk you through the admissions process.
How long will it take?
Masters students can finish in as little as 18 months. Each class is six weeks and the program consists of 12 courses so that equals one and a half years. Imagine in a little over a year you could have already earned your masters degree!
Bachelors students can finish in 3.5 years even less if you have other college or dual credit classes.
Do you offer financial aid?
We do! Our financial aid office can help you get your federal financial aid and loans figured out.
Do you offer scholarships for Health Sciences?
There are several opportunities at Central Christian College to receive scholarships by utilizing your talents in areas such as sports, music or academic achievements.
How do I schedule a visit to campus?
To schedule a visit go to Preview.centralchristian.edu or call or text 620-241-0723 to schedule an in person or virtual visit.
What can I do with a Health Sciences Degree?
- Get in to Medical School
- Energy Analyst
- Athletic Director
- Personal Trainer
- Sports Facility Manager
- Exercise Physiologist
Don’t see what you are wanting to do, text us at 620-241-0723 to discuss if this degree can help you reach your goals!
What do you mean by character?
Great question! The simple answer is that we define character in four segments, heart, mind, soul, strength and the 8 character traits as listed below.
- HEART- We believe that graduates should demonstrate civic and moral leadership, in order “to do good; seek justice, and correct oppression.”
- SOULS-We believe graduates should demonstrate an appreciation for the Lordship of Christ, “not lagging in diligence, fervent in spirit, serving the Lord.”
- MIND-We believe graduates should demonstrate reasoned and productive lifestyles, filled with the “Spirit of God, with wisdom, with understanding, with knowledge, and with all kinds of skills.”
- STRENGTH- We believe graduates should demonstrate dispositional strength and behavioral readiness, so that they “never tire of doing what is good”.