FAQs - Central Christian College of Kansas Skip to content


You have questions, we have answers!  Below are a collection of questions that we are often asked by parents prior to the start of school. We hope that this section will help alleviate any anxiety you might have about the beginning of school and the transition from home to CCCK.  If you have questions that are not answered here, feel free to call or text the Admissions Office at 620-241-0723.


When do classes start?

The first full day of classes is on Wednesday, August 11, 2021

Where do I buy books?

CCCK maintains a number of partnerships with textbook vendors, which provide students with a number of choices to purchase books for class. Using the information at https://ccck.ecampus.com/, students can link to these vendors and look up books for each class. Students may choose to purchase, rent, or utilize electronic copies of books. In some cases, books or supplies may be provided by the faculty member. In such cases, there is usually a corresponding course fee. Be sure to read your billing statement.


When is move-in?

New students will move in on Saturday, August 7th, 2021.

Returning students will move in on Sunday, August 8th, 2021. Students cannot move on to campus before Friday, Aug. 6, unless you are a pre-approved early arrival due to a sport, campus employment, or another reason for which a coach or supervisor has arranged with the director of housing.

Where do I park when I arrive on campus?

The first place to park is in the front parking lot South of the Wesley Black Fine Arts Center to check-in. Once you have completed the check-in process at Connections Week, you will be able to park your vehicle in the designated area for your living area. Directions will be given to you at check-in.

Where do I go after I arrive on campus?

Go directly the Wesley Black Fine Arts Center to check-in. Please be sure to check-in there FIRST to get your registration folder and a schedule for the week.

Can I ship stuff to campus before I arrive?

Yes! Please do mail boxes to campus. If you choose to mail items to campus, please mail them to 1200 South Main Street, McPherson, Kansas 67460 with attention to the students’ names.

How do I get a job on campus?

If you are interested in finding employment on campus, please read through the instructions related to on campus jobs and how to apply for positions on campus.

Connections Week Info

Are there costs associated with Connections Week for me or my family?

There are no initial costs for students during Connections Week. All meals are included, beginning with the first meal on Friday evening.

There is no attendance fee for parents and families during Connections Weekend. Parents are invited to a free dinner on Friday evening. All other meals are sold per individual, per meal. Sunday’s Family Farewell Brunch at the Free Methodist Church is free to guests of the college. Meals can be purchased at the front desk as you enter the cafeteria.

Can parents attend Connections Week with me?

Yes! Your parents and family may attend Connections Week with you. There is an entire schedule made specifically for parents while students attend certain events. Families are able to help students move in to their new living areas, attend workshops, and stop by the bookstore. Families are invited to stay through the weekend, including a Family Brunch on Sunday morning at the Free Methodist Church. Followed by worship together.

When do meal plans start?

New Students: First meal is dinner on August 16.

Returning Students: First meal is dinner on August 18.

Students will be required to use their student I.D. card at each meal beginning with breakfast on Tuesday, August 20.

Housing & Residence Life

How do I find out where I'll be living on campus?

The Admissions Office will send you a letter request that you fill out the application for housing. Once you have filled out your application, our staff will match you with a roommate and a wing that will best match the information that you supply on the application. Your admissions counselor will then notify you of your housing arrangements.

What size sheets do I bring?

It is recommended that students bring twin size sheets. Students or parents may purchase twin sheets and bed pads through the local Wal-Mart on Kansas Ave.

What things are already in my residence hall room?

Each residence hall comes with a twin bed, a desk and desk chair, a dresser, and a wardrobe/closet. You will need to provide your own linens and you must have a bed pad on the bed before your resident director will issue you your keys.

Can I see my assigned residence hall room?

During the summer, you may contact the admissions office about taking a tour of your assigned residence hall room. The admissions office offers residence hall tours Friday afternoons at 3 P.M. and welcomes students to contact them about a room tour.

How do I find out who my roommate is?

When your admissions counselor notifies you of your housing assignment, they will also inform you of your roommate pairing. We encourage students to take advantage of the contact information that we provide in the housing letter so you can get to know each other before you arrive and to discuss the items that you will bring as you share the space. Facebook is another great way to connect to your roommate and to stay in touch as Connections Week approaches.

What pets can I bring?

Students are allowed to have fish. All other pets are not allowed on campus.


How can I get help with technology on campus?

The campus has a place for that: Institutional Technology, or IT. IT is located on the second floor of the Library in the Reimer Business Center. They provide all technical support for the entire campus. If you have trouble with your computer or just a simple question, give them a call at 620-241-0723 ext. 346 and one for their friendly staff will work to answer your questions.


How do I get around if I don't bring a car?

Many students on campus have vehicles, so it is usually easy to find a ride with a friend or roommate. However, most things in town are within walking distance from campus. Central is on the south end of McPherson but only about a 1-mile walking distance from downtown. Feel free to take a nice walk around town with friends.

Can first year students have a car on campus?

Yes, first year students can have cars. Every student with a vehicle must register and purchase a parking permit at the beginning of the year during registration. The residence hall that you live in will determine which parking lots on campus you will be able to park in. Read more about campus parking guidelines to find out more about parking on campus. Click here for a Campus Parking Map. The map is color coded and corresponds with the color of your parking permit

How do I get to campus if I fly in or take a train or bus?

If you are traveling alone by plane, train, or bus and need to be picked up from the airport or terminal, please contact your admissions counselor at 620-241-0723 or email the admissions team at admissions@centralchristian.edu. During the school year, the Student Development office can assist you in notifying the campus that you are in need of assistance. You may contact Missy Mayse for assistance. There is no official transportation service offered by the college to assist students to and from the college, however, often we can find a solution.

If you have questions that are not answered here, feel free to call the Office of Admissions at 620-241-0723.

Back To Top