Your Success is our Mission!
The Success Center remains committed to helping you on your academic journey, even if that journey has taken a little detour due to the COVID-19 crises. Regardless, we are here and ready to help you through this time.
We can do this together! So, let us know how we can help.
Below you will find a few resources, but, just like on-campus, the best way to let us know how to help is just to drop in and tell us what you need. You can do that by using the REQUEST HELP form located on the sidebar.
Resources and Quick Links
The Success Center partners with other offices to provide you with the tips and resources needed to make this remote learning experience a success.
- ZOOM: Join a Meeting
- Panopto: Login Page
- Library Services: The Library is on hand to help you get the resources you need. You can call direct at 620-241-7298 (ext 117) or email the librarian at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Tutoring: Beyond those services offered through the Success Center, students may also secure tutoring through Tutor.com.
- Office 365: As a CCCK student, you have access to the full suite of Microsoft Office tools. Find out more at: Office 365.
- Student Portal: Your Student Portal will play a key role in remote learning.
- Spiritual Nourishment: While we might have to practice social distancing, we should not practice spiritual distancing. So, to nourish your heart, mind, soul, and strength – be sure to take time to focus on God’s Word. You may also enjoy some focused teaching.
- Internet: There are a number of companies offering assistance to those with no or limited internet access. Check out the following:
Career Exploration & Preparation
The Career Exploration Center, located in the Student Success Center, has useful tools and resources to help you.
Career Exploration is the process of…
- learning more about yourself (interests, strengths, weaknesses, personality, values, preference in work and your dreams),
- identifying and exploring possible occupations that would fit your personality type,
- developing an effective strategy to realize your goals (selecting a major, course of study, goal setting, decision-making and making a plan of action to realize the goal).
Career Preparation is the process of…
- learning about and creating useful career tools that will be helpful in pursuing a job or career.
- making application
- creating a resume, cover letter, references and thank you letter
- interviewing preparation
- finding internships, externships, apprenticeships, job shadowing, summer jobs
Career Counseling is available upon student request in order to assist with :
- Making decisions about current education and future career choices.
- Finding a good fit based on who they are personally and their career possibilities.
- Identifying their personality traits, interests, strengths, values and skills in relation to the decision about academic majors and the potential career path.
- Actively moving through the four stages of career planning within the four years of college.
Get help on any of the following:
- Writing Effective Cover letters
- Writing Effective Resumes
- Letters of Recommendation – Strategies and Tips
- Informational Interviewing
- Internship Search and Success Strategies
- Graduate School Application Essentials
Computer Based Assessment
The following websites offer free self-exploration and career possibilities.
- Human Metrics – an assessment based on Carl Jung’s and Isabel Briggs Myers’ typological approach to personality identification. This inventory is also known as the Jung Typology Personality Test. www.humanmetrics.com
- Kiersey Temperament Sorter – personality inventory with career suggestions. www.keirsey.com
- Type Logic – offers more detail about the MBTI personality type and how to use it in planning your major, and potential career opportunities. www.typelogic.com
- O’Net Skills Assessment – Assessing your skills and suggestions how to use your skills and abilities in the workplace. www.onetonline.org/skills
- Career One Stop – Skills Profiler, Interest Profiler, Ability Profiler and Work Values Assessment. www.careeronestop.org
- MAPP Inventory – This inventory is a motivational assessment of personal potential. It gives ideas for career and job related ideas. http://www.assessment.com/?Accnum=06-5639-106.00
Available Through the Success Center Office
Myers-Briggs Type Indicator – The MBTI is one of the most widely used personality inventories used in career identification. The preferences suggested by the MBTI can help the students make career and personal decisions. The scores highlight preferences on four dimensions. The combinations of the preferences result in one of 16 personality types, which relate to career choices, communication modes and learning styles.
Strengths Quest – identifying students’ strengths and examining how this identification can enable the student to make decisions about their academic and career goals.
College Student with Disabilities
Central Christian College is committed to serving all students, including students who have documented disabilities. We provide a learning environment assuring the student with a disability equal access to all programs, activities, and facilities of Central Christian College. The Office of Student Success works with each student in developing and providing reasonable academic aids and accommodations for their disabilities. Our goal is to provide each student with maximum independence and participation in the college campus life.
Eligibility will be determined after:
- …the student meets all essential requirements for admission
- …the appropriate documentation by a licensed physician and/or certified psychologist, skilled in the diagnosis of the disability, is submitted to the Office of Student Success. The documentation must be within the last three years. (LD, ADD/HD, Medical/Physical disabilities)
After the documentation is submitted, the student will need to make an appointment with the Student Success office to review the documentation and determine any accommodation services or referrals needed.
Arranging Services and Accommodations
A student with a disability may choose not to access the services of the Student Success Office, but any student requesting accommodations is responsible for providing the Student Success Office with documentation of their disability. In addition, the student will need to make a specific request for accommodations at that time.
The student requesting accommodations must meet with the Director of Student Success during the first two weeks of class each semester or term to discuss his/her needs. A Confidential Information Sheet (CIS) will be prepared for the student. This document (CIS):
- …verifies that there is a documented disability
- …describes the disability’s effect on the student’s academic performance
- …identifies the accommodations in the learning environment that will “level the playing field” in which the student is legally entitled.
The student will need to sign a document giving the Student Success Director permission to share required accommodations with their instructors and advisor. The student may choose not to use the disability services as stated on the CIS, but should consider that decision carefully. Instructors are required to provide reasonable accommodations in accordance with the CIS, however, they are not required to provide accommodations that would affect the integrity of their courses. It is the student’s responsibility to meet with their instructors within the first week of class to discuss details of the recommended accommodations.
Incoming students will need documentation of their disability. Since services cannot be authorized until documentation has been received and reviewed, students should have it forwarded as soon as possible after acceptance to Central Christian College to avoid delay in the provision of services.
Mrs. Pat Muntz
Director of Student Success Services
Mrs. Lori Crown
Our Academic Coaching team has the tools and resources to help you, including the ability to network with you through phone or virtual meeting rooms. Let us know what you need and we will set up an appointment with one of the members of our staff. Just use the REQUEST HELP form on the left.