Upcoming Start November 13, 2023
Application Due by November 1, 2023
Quickly Earn Your College Degree
Why Earn Your Associate’s Degree in Criminal Justice?
Your studies will be focused with one six-week online course at a time taught by instructors with real-world policing experience. If you’re already in the field, the courses offered in the criminal justice bachelor’s degree program can help you maintain current certification. Students in the Online Associate’s degree in Criminal Justice Program will participate in courses that were created by people who are experts in criminal justice careers.
While looking at online Associate’s in Criminal Justice degree options, too many students assume that the only career option associated with a criminal justice associate’s degree is working as a law enforcement officer. While many of the best law enforcement officers in the country are graduates of criminal justice associate’s degree programs, there’s actually a variety of other positions available in this expansive field.
Has the thought of having to attend class and all the hassle that goes with getting to and from campus made you think twice about pursuing an online associate’s in criminal justice degree? Consider earning your criminal justice associate degree online with our 100% online program.
- 100% online – 1 course at a time!
- Transfer previous college credits to earn your degree faster
- No application fees
- Online program is the exact same one as our on campus program
- Boost your employability while working toward a Bachelor’s
- Summarize the historical development of criminal justice systems and the role of justice in America and the global community.
- Describe the influences and behaviors related to the administration of justice and how each is affected by worldview and culture.
- Identify an ethical framework that recognizes the interplay of personal faith, natural law, and public policy.
- Choose appropriate procedures associated with law enforcement administration and the prevention, detection, and regulation of crime and criminal behavior.
Online Associate of Criminal Justice Course Examples
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) about the Associate of Arts Programs
An Associate of Arts (AA) degree is an undergraduate academic degree that provides graduates with a liberal arts education in a variety of subjects including mathematics, psychology, history and life sciences. This degree can be earned in as little as two years as a college program.
You can study a number of disciplines in the liberal arts, business, and social sciences. A variety of careers across these disciplines become available as well.
Earning an online associate of arts degree also serves as a next step for earning a bachelor’s degree. Ultimately, an AA degree is valuable because it provides the opportunity to make more money and pursue more careers.
(You may have the option to use the credits from your associate degree toward a bachelor’s degree via an articulation agreement.)
To enroll in an associate of arts online degree you need a high school diploma or a GED. Additionally, you will need to fill out an application, which may include some or all of the following:
- Basic applicant info (name, address, country of residence, etc.)
- Personal essay (or essays) responding to one or more prompts
- An application fee (some schools may waive this)
- Letters of recommendation from teachers, managers, or others who can speak about your experience and potential
What makes the Associate of Arts degree ideal is that it can be earned in a two-year college program and can be used as a springboard into a variety of career fields.
You can become a:
- Preschool teacher
- Engineering technician
- Industrial designer
- Accounting clerk
- Human resources manager
- Administrative assistant
- And many more!
According to Payscale, you can earn salary ranges of $30,000 to $100,000 or more with an Associate of Arts degree.
Many employers find employees with Associate of Arts degrees to be ideal choices because these employees have the required education to make a difference on the job immediately. In addition, employees with Associate of Arts degrees prove ready and eager to learn even more hands-on skills from their managers in their organization.
- The Associate of Arts online degree program offers a number of tracks, including:
- Healthcare Management
- Business Management
- You can also earn your Associate of Arts in Criminal Justice.
If you want to earn a bachelor’s degree eventually, an online associate of arts program is a good interim goal or immediate step to help you get closer to meeting that goal.
Consider a call with an enrollment advisor to discuss your:
- Transfer credit options
- Online, hybrid, or in-person classes
- Student support systems
- Flexibility of coursework
- Part-time or full-time
- Campus and faculty culture
- Financial aid options
Yes. Central Christian College of Kansas Online allows you to transfer a maximum of 90 credits toward your associate’s or bachelor’s program. This generous policy means:
- You spend less time on general education courses
- You complete your degree more quickly
- You save money based on the number of units you transfer over
An online Associate of Arts degree can be completed in 2.5 years or less, with transfer credits, and 4 classes per semester.
- Central’s tuition is competitive at $425 per credit hour.
- Central allows up to 90 transfer credits (transfer credits determined on a case-by-case basis), so your program may take less time and tuition can vary greatly.
- 97% of our students receive some form of financial aid.